Friday, Sept. 30
Saturday & Sunday, Oct. 1 & 2
- Customer Appreciation Lunch, 11am-1pm, LumBros Building Solutions; 218-844-6672, www.lumbros.com
Saturday, Oct. 1
- MN Cycling Association High School Mountain Bike Races, Detroit Mountain Rec. Area
- Lakes Area Coffee Crawl, 7:30am-2:30pm; Roasted, La Barista, Fill Thy Cup, Ella Marie’s & Gathering Grounds.
- Lakes Area Farmer’s Market, 10am-1pm, Peoples Park; www.lakesareafarmersmarket.info
- Free Family Movie, “Hotel Transylvania”, 10am, CineMagic Theatre; 218-844-5229, www.cinemagictheatres.com
- Grand Opening of Allure, 10am-4pm, 821 Washington Avenue; furniture, lighting & more.
- Fall Extravaganza Craft & Vendor Event, 11am-4pm, Frazee Event Center
- Vergas Hairyman Festival, 12-6pm; lots of activities
- Damien Home Tour, Oct. 1, 12:30-4:30pm; tickets available at the Chamber Office, Mainstream Boutique, Central Market & Damien Members. This fundraiser supports local area charities.
- Dancing Into the Future, 1-3pm, DL Public Library; learn about the significance of the Jingle Dress to local Native people featuring a presentation of four Jingle Dresses, dance demonstrations & a drum circle. 218-847-2168, www.larl.org
- “Christmas in October” Event, 4-7pm, Forest Edge Gallery; enjoy the beautiful fall colors, do some early Christmas shopping, music on the patio with Damian Anderson, refreshments, fire pits will be burning, horse-drawn wagon rides. The Gallery will also be open from 11am-5pm. 218-342-2681, www.forestedgeartgallery.com
- Bucktoberfest, Bucks Mill Brewing; live bands from 6-9pm, t-shirts available & specials. www.bucksmillbrewing.com
- Lonestar Concert, 7:30pm, Holmes Theatre; this multi-platinum award winning country group has been making music together since the early 90’s. For tickets & information, call 218-844-7469 or www.dlccc.org
Sunday, Oct. 2 Monday-Friday, Oct. 3-7
- Smokin’ Amp DJ, 9pm, Holiday Inn
Monday-Sunday, Oct. 3-9
- DLHS Homecoming Week, different events every day. Homecoming Parade on Friday, October 7. Contact Buff Haus at DLHS for more information if you would like to participate in the parade.
Tuesday, Oct. 4
- Gliks Celebrates their 125th Anniversary; different specials & offers every day. https://gliks.com or find them on Instagram & Facebook
Coming . . . . .
- Dale Carnegie Leadership Training for Results: Unleash Talent in Others, Oct. 4, 11 & 18, 8am-5pm. Course for CEO’s & experienced leaders - inspire, motivate & develop others through a person-centered approach that strives to unleash the greatness in your team. Register at: www.northdakota.dalecarnegie.com
- MnDOT Open House on Hwy. 34 Project, 4-7pm, M State
- Tour of Manufacturing, Oct. 6, 10am-5pm; an opportunity to visit 7 companies: Friesen’s Inc., BTD Manufacturing, Lakeshirts, SJE, TEAM Industries Audubon, Dynamic Homes, Rural MN CEP. Job interviews, facility tours & manufacturing career information. FREE event!
M State Offerings . . . . . .
- Splash Awards, Oct. 6, 4pm, The Lodge on Lake Detroit; tickets are sold out.
fishing report, http://www.visitdetroitlakes.com/fishing-report or call 218-847-5743.
We’re on facebook! “Like” our pages at