Sunday, Sept. 23
- Honor Flight Breakfast Fundraiser, 8am-noon, American Legion; there will also be a bake sale and raffle
- Job Fair, 1-4pm, Detroit Mountain Rec. Area; learn about available positions for the 2018-19 season. 218-844-7669,www.detroitmountain.com
- Free Wildlife Movie: “Wild Ways” 2pm, Tamarac NWR; 847-2641
- Deadline to RSVP for Health Resources Banquet, www.hrcdl.org/banquet . Banquet will be held on October 2, 6:30pm at Community Alliance Church.
Tuesday, Sept. 25
- Lakes Area Farmer’s Market, 10am-1pm, Peoples Park, www.lakesareafarmersmarket.com
- Job Fair, 5-8pm, Detroit Mountain Rec. Area; learn about available positions for the 2018-19 season. 218-844-7669,www.detroitmountain.com
- DL Schools Community Meeting, 6-8pm, HS Media Center; see the proposed building addition & renovation projects at the four K-12 buildings. There will be a short presentation on the components of the project, project cost, tax implications, and time to ask questions.
Wanted: DLHS Homecoming Parade Participants
DLHS Homecoming Parade will be Friday, October 5, 2:30pm. They are looking for businesses and organizations to participate in the parade. If you have questions, contact Mrs. Haus at 847-4491 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Survey Participants Needed
Becker County received a program award from First Children’s Finance to participate in the Rural Child Care Innovative Program. We are working together as a community to help improve access to child care, and you can help. Please share our survey with all your employees.By filling out this survey you can help identify how big of an issue child care really is in our community, and how it affects everyone. The parent survey only takes 3 minutes so please fill it out now at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/rccipbecker .
You are also invited to an open community forum to learn survey results, understand more about child care and the dilemma, and be a part of developing child care solutions on November 15th, at Ecumen at 6:30pm in the conference room – a free dinner will be provided. You can register for the event at Event Brite here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/becker-county-child-care-innovation-program-tickets-50069438037 Seats are limited so please register today. Thank you for your support!
On sale at the Chamber:
- Boys & Girls Club Pavers, 8” x 8”, $150
Your info on www.VisitDetroitLakes.com
Post job openings, purchase online coupons, update company information and check the monthly webstats for VisitDetroitLakes.com by logging in at http://www.visitdetroitlakes.com/chamber/member-web-stats.
· For weekly updates, see the following :
· bird sightings, http://www.visitdetroitlakes.com/birding-report
· fishing report, http://www.visitdetroitlakes.com/fishing-report
or call 218-847-5743.
We’re on facebook! “Like” our pages at http://www.facebook.com/DetroitLakesMN?ref=ts or
If you have an e-mail address change or prefer to be taken off the update mailings, contact the Chamber at 218- 847-9202 or e-mail a response to dlchamber@VisitDetroitLakes.com