When you are visiting our area for summer fun, we want to ensure you get the most of your time here with your family & friends! Check out what we have going on in our town!
In addition to what is listed below, see this link below for additional activities in the Detroit Lakes Area!
New information is added to this each Tuesday!
Here's what’s going on Detroit Lakes this week!
Thursday, Sept. 7
- Wellness Expo by PRO Resources, 4-7pm, DL Pavilion; booths, chance to win prizes, www.proresourceshr.com
- Tour de Lake Bike Race, 6pm, DL Pavilion; don’t miss this inaugural bike race – two options available: Full Marathon 26.2 miles or Half Marathon 13.1 miles; same course that will be used for the Dick Beardsley Run. Register online at www.dbmarathon.com , 701-364-2786
- Free Meal, 5-6:30pm, The Refuge; 218-847-1982, www.refugeofdl.org
Friday, Sept. 8
- Free Meal, 5-6:30p, The Refuge; 218-847-1982, www.refugeofdl.org
- Toast to Tamarac, 4pm, Richwood Winery; a fundraiser for the Friends of Tamarac. Live music by the Dave Ferreira Trio, wine tasting, appetizers, silent auction, games and raffles. Tickets available at Central Market, Richwood Winery, Tamarac Gift Shop or call 218-846-9815 or 218-847-7193.
- Dads & Daughters Night at the Museum, 6-8:30pm, Becker Co. Museum. Scavenger hunts, games, stories, learning, crafts & muchies. Space is limited, so get your tickets at the Museum or call 218-847-2938.
- Travis Tritt, 8pm, Shooting Star Casino; for information and tickets, call 800-313-7469 or www.starcasino.com
- Music by Smokin’ Amp Entertainment, 9pm, Holiday Inn; 218-847-2121, www.dlinn.com
- Dick Beardsley Marathon, ½ Marathon, 10K, 5K, Relay & Youth Run, race times vary beginning at 7:15am, DL City Park/Pavilion. Registration & packet pick-up begin at 5:30am Saturday (or on Friday from 12-9pm). Register online at www.dbmarathon.com , 701-364-2786
- Lakes Area Farmer’s Market, 10am-1pm, Peoples Park. www.lakesareafarmersmarket.com
- Grape Stomp, 1-7pm, Richwood Winery; live music by Gordy Michael Bridgeford and Gordon Christensen, local vendors, wine & beer. Admission fee, 218-844-5990, www.richwoodwinery.com
- Live Music by The Whiskies, 9pm; Zorbaz, 218-847-5305, www.zorbaz.com
Sunday, Sept. 10
- Kappel’s Challenge Mountain Bike Race, 10:30am check-in, racing starts at noon, Detroit Mountain Rec. Area. Two classes: a 15 mile sport class and a 6 mile citizen class. Register online athttps://webscorer.com/register?raceid=109009
- Free Wildlife Movie: Great Migrations: Born to Move, 2pm, Tamarac Nat. Wildlife Refuge; 218-847-2641
- DL Youth Hockey Assoc. Registration, 6-8pm, Kent Freeman Arena; forms can be filled out online prior to registration at http://www.dlyouthhockey.com
Monday-Friday, Sept. 11-15
- Noon Rotary Blood Screening Event, 6:30-9:30am, Essentia Health St. Mary’s; $35 fee
Monday, Sept. 11
- Cruise to the Pit Night, 5-9pm, Pit 611; music on the patio (weather permitting) with Bruce & Tiki Dee, 218-439-6121, www.pit611.com
- Ruby’s Pantry, 5-7pm, M State door E5
Tuesday, Sept. 12
- Lakes Area Farmer’s Market, 10am-1pm, Peoples Park; www.lakesareafarmersmarket.com
- Women’s Lunch Club, noon, Edward Jones Priscilla Boman Office; a chance to have your investment and retirement questions answered. Free, but please RSVP to 218-847-4400 as lunch will be served. www.edwardjones.com
Coming soon ……….
- Sept. 13 – :45 Fill-up, 8:15-9am, Diamond Willow
- Sept. 13 – Cruise DL Night, 4-8:30pm, West Lake Drive – last one for the season
- Forest Edge Gallery Fall Hours are Saturday & Sunday, 11am-5pm, or by appointment call 218-342-2681 orwww.forestedgeartgallery.com
- DL Adult Basic Education offers coursework toward HS Diploma, GED, English Language Learning, Citizenship and other services. Fall hours are Mon-Thurs, 9am-3pm. Volunteers are also needed for clerical tasks and tutoring. Call 218-844-5760 for more information.
- Ruby’s Pantry is looking for volunteers able to load vehicles each month from 5:30-7:30pm on distribution day – the 2nd Monday of the month. Teams of 4-6 people from local businesses would be great help – wear your business t-shirt or nametag and bring your business banner to display while you support this community event. If you are interested in helping, call Kayla Simon at 218-846-3687 or emailKayla.Simon@minnesota.edu .
MNDOT Project Updates
Your info on www.VisitDetroitLakes.com
Post job openings, purchase online coupons, update company information and check the monthly webstats for VisitDetroitLakes.com by logging in at http://www.visitdetroitlakes.com/chamber/member-web-stats.
· For weekly updates, see the following :
· bird sightings, http://www.visitdetroitlakes.com/birding-report
· fishing report, http://www.visitdetroitlakes.com/fishing-report
or call 800-433-1888 or 218-847-5743.
We’re on facebook! “Like” our pages at http://www.facebook.com/DetroitLakesMN?ref=ts or