When you are visiting our area for summer fun, we want to ensure you get the most of your time here with your family & friends! Check out what we have going on in our town!
In addition to what is listed below, see this link below for additional activities in the Detroit Lakes Area!
New information is added to this each Tuesday!
Here's what’s going on Detroit Lakes this week!
Sunday, May 21
- Detroit Mountain Shakedown, 8am, Detroit Mountain; race #2 of the MN Mountain Bike Series; 218-844-7669, www.detroitmountain.com
- Wildflower Open, 10am, Wildflower Golf Course; 2 person best ball, shotgun start. To register,www.wildflowergolfcourse.com/events-tournaments , or call 888-752-9945
- Free Wildlife Movie, 2pm, Tamarac Nat. Wildlife Refuge; 218-847-2641
- Live Music by The Lars & Joe Pony Show, 5-9pm, Zorbaz; 218-847-5305, www.zorbaz.com
Tuesday, May 23
- Lakes Area Farmer’s Market, 10am-1pm, Peoples Park; www.lakesareafarmersmarket.com
- Hope for Angola, 7pm, Lakes Area Vineyard Church; Dr. Stephen & Peggy Foster will share about their experiences as missionaries in Angola, Africa, where they have been serving for 40+ years.
One Vegetable One Community
- This project is done through the University of MN Extension. This year’s seeds are herbs (basil and oregano). The free packets are now available at the Chamber Office, Detroit Lakes Public Library, Essentia Health Clinic and DLCCC.
DL Kiwanis Spring Flower Sale Fundraiser
- Purchase a certificate good for one 10” hanging basket at Bergen’s Greenhouse, redeemable between May 1-31, 2017. Tickets available from Kiwanis Members or the DL Chamber Office, $15 each.
Your info on www.VisitDetroitLakes.com
Post job openings, purchase online coupons, update company information and check the monthly webstats for VisitDetroitLakes.com by logging in athttp://www.visitdetroitlakes.com/chamber/member-web-stats.
· For weekly updates, see the following :
· bird sightings, http://www.visitdetroitlakes.com/birding-report
· fishing report, http://www.visitdetroitlakes.com/fishing-report
or call 800-433-1888 or 218-847-5743.
We’re on facebook! “Like” our pages at http://www.facebook.com/DetroitLakesMN?ref=ts or