When you are visiting our area for summer fun, we want to ensure you get the most of your time here with your family & friends! Check out what we have going on in our town!
In addition to what is listed below, see this link below for additional activities in the Detroit Lakes Area!
New information is added to this each Tuesday!
Here's what’s going on Detroit Lakes this week!
Monday-Sunday, Oct. 9-15
- National Wildlife Refuge Week
- Tamarac Photo Contest Display, Washington Square Mall; vote for your favorite photo
Tuesday, Oct. 10
- Women’s Lunch Club, 12-1pm, Edward Jones-Priscilla Boman office. Free, lunch will be served; please RSVP to 847-4400.
- Alzheimer’s Support Group, 2-3pm, Ecumen Yoga Studio; contact Brenda at 218-844-7157
- Varying Degrees Percussion Trio, 7pm, Holmes Theatre; for tickets and information, call 218-844-7469 orwww.dlccc.org
- Texas Hold’em Poker Games, 7pm, Hub 41; sponsored by the Free Poker Network. www.hub41.com, 218-844-8488
Wednesday, Oct. 11
- :45 Fill-up, 8:15-9am, MN Flyers Gymnastics, 1306 Rossman Ave. (next to hockey arena); Chamber Member meeting – an opportunity to hear updates from other members
- DL Fire Dept. Open House, 5-7pm; live demonstrations, tours, hotdogs, chips & pop
Thursday-Saturday, Oct. 12-14
- 7th Annual Paranormal Convention, Shooting Star Casino; 800-313-7469 or www.starcasino.com
Thursday, Oct. 12
- Women’s Health at Every Age, 12-1pm, Essentia Health St. Mary’s; presentation by Dr. Gillermo Marroquin. Fee charged, lunch included; must RSVP to 218-844-0719 or email FoundationSMDL@EssentiaHealth.org
- See the Life Link III Helicopter, 2-4pm, DL Airport; Essentia Health St. Mary’s Foundation invites you to see firsthand the Life Link III medical helicopter. Coffee & cookies served.
- Beer Bash, 4-7pm, Seven Sisters Spirits; check out the sample stations; 218-847-2337,www.sevensistersspirits.com
- Lakes Area Women’s Expo, 4-8pm, DL Pavilion & Fairfield Inn & Suites; over 60 vendors, live music, beverage & food sampling, prizes, goodie bags while they last. Advance tickets available at Mainstream Boutique for a chance to win additional prizes; tickets also available at the door.
- Free Meal, 5-6:30pm, The Refuge; 218-847-1982, www.refugeofdl.org
- Becker County COLA Meeting, 5:30pm, Holiday Inn; final meeting of the year. Guest speaker will be Ray Vlasak from the Bad Medicine Lake Area Foundation. www.beckerCOLA.org
Friday, Oct. 13
- Music by Smokin’ Amp Entertainment, 9pm, Holiday Inn; 218-847-2121, www.dlinn.com
Saturday, Oct. 14
Sunday, Oct 15
- Tamarac Photo Contest Awards Presentation, 2pm, Washington Square Mall
- Fall Fest in Frazee, 2-6pm, Frazee Event Center; dancing & German-themed foods, music by Eric’s Dance Band and Lakes Area All-Stars; fee charged. Fundraiser for Frazee HS Band
Tuesday, Oct. 17
- Lakes Area Farmer’s Market, 10am-1pm, Peoples Park; www.lakesareafarmersmarket.com
- Discover the Future Possibilities for West Lake Drive, 5-6:30pm, DL City Hall; presentation at 5:15pm. Development opportunities, mobility options, talk with planners & designers about the concepts for improving the West Lake Drive Area. 218-847-5658
Your info on www.VisitDetroitLakes.com
Post job openings, purchase online coupons, update company information and check the monthly webstats for VisitDetroitLakes.com by logging in at http://www.visitdetroitlakes.com/chamber/member-web-stats.
· For weekly updates, see the following :
· bird sightings, http://www.visitdetroitlakes.com/birding-report
· fishing report, http://www.visitdetroitlakes.com/fishing-report
or call 800-433-1888 or 218-847-5743.
We’re on facebook! “Like” our pages at http://www.facebook.com/DetroitLakesMN?ref=ts or
If you have an e-mail address change or prefer to be taken off the update mailings, contact the Chamber at 218- 847-9202 or e-mail a response to dlchamber@VisitDetroitLakes.com